Last modified: May 16, 2023
Umbrava LLC ("Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you use the website Umbrava.com (our "Website") or the Umbrava software (our "Software") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through use of the Software and mobile application.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website and Software is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information on the Website or Software. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or Software. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and Software, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address, telephone number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as job titles; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and Software, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website and Software. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website or Software may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or Software. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or Software, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website or Software.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website or Software, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website or Software, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and Software and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website and Software according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website or Software.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – These cookies are required for maintaining security, improving Website navigation, accessing secure areas of the Website, and storing products in our online cart, among other essential functions. These cookies cannot be disabled.
- Preference Cookies – We use these cookies to remember your preferences you select when you visit our Website or Software including language, region, login credentials, and other choices you made in the past.
- Statistics Cookies – We use these cookies to track your activity on our Website and Software, which includes the pages you visit, products you view, and links you click. This includes cookies placed by third-party analytics services. This data is anonymized and aggregated to inform our marketing efforts.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and Software may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Software may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Software. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choice About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports (non-personally identifiable) services traffic. Our Website uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our Website and what pages are being looked at. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Website. This data is shared with other Google services and in accordance with Google Analytics’ Data Processing Amendment. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and Software contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website, Software, or any products or services we may offer or provide.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website and Software.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data[AM1] [DD2] [AM3] . For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Umbrava’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating you request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of our email communications.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you a password for access to certain parts of our Website and Software, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or Software. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or Software.
Additional information for Individuals Located in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom
Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Information Under GDPR
To process your Personal Information, we must have a legal basis for doing so. We may process your Personal Information under the following conditions:
- Performance of a Contract: when your personal information is necessary for the performance of an agreement that we make with you and/or for any contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal Obligation: when your personal information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- Legitimate Interests: when processing your personal information is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests pursued by us.
- Consent: you have given your consent for processing personal information for one or more specific purposes.
- Vital Interests: when your personal information is processed in order to protect your vital interests or those of another natural person.
- Public Interests: when your personal information is processed relating to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us.
Your Data Protection Rights Under GDPR
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights with respect to your Personal Information that we collect and process:
- The Right to Request Access. You have the right to access, update, or delete the information we have about you.
- The Right of Rectification. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- The Right to Object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information.
- The Right to Restrict Processing. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information.
- The Right of Erasure. In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to remove or delete your Personal Information.
- The Right to be Forgotten. You have the right to request that we delete your personal information, in certain situations.
- The Right to Transfer. Upon request we will provide you (or a third-party you have chosen) the Personal Information we have collected about you. Your Personal Information will be provided in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the Personal Information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw Your Consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your Personal Information.
- Be informed of your right to complain to a supervisory authority if you feel that we have not complied with applicable laws regulating your personal information (contact information for supervisory authorities may be found at: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm).
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply. For more information, or to make a request, please use the information below and provide your name, email address, request, and basis for your request.
As set forth in this policy, we process your information to comply with your request for information or services, with your consent, to comply with applicable laws and/or legal obligations, and for our legitimate purposes (including to enforce our policies, analyze technical issues relating to the Site, resolve disputes, improve your experience, and communicate with you regarding information, and products or services that may be of interest to you). We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with your request, provide services, or as required by law, and generally for no longer than five years, or as necessary to comply with legal or contractual obligations and for our legitimate purposes.